Even though we call this a "family" trip, it's not just for grandpa and the little guys! This is a fun and relatively gentle trip that is suitable for everybody out there, but if your idea of rafting is to hit big waves and feed your inner adrenaline junkie, this is not where that happens. If you're after action and more excitement, my crazy friend, then our WHITEWATER ACTION trip is probably what you're looking for! On this West Glacial River trip, fun and scenery swirl around you to deliver an unforgettable rafting adventure in Iceland! Featuring steaming riverside hot springs and magnificent canyon landscapes, this gentle rafting tour offers everyone from the novice rafter to the whole family an opportunity to pick up a paddle and explore Iceland's stunning river wilderness. As you negotiate the gentle rapids through the twists and bends of this towering gorge, enjoy the opportunity to sample some riverside hot cocoa from nature’s natural kettle! You may well find yourself in a friendly water fight, bathing in the invigorating glacial runoff, or simply kicking back and letting your troubles drift away with the meandering waters!
Best price guarantee
No hidden costs
Minimum age: 6 years
Free cancellation until 365 days before the departure
+365 days - No charge
365 days-2 days
- 10% of total reservation value
- 100% of total reservation value
What is included
– All rafting equipment: drysuit, PFD, helmet, booties, gloves
– Qualified, professional raft guides and safety kayakers
– Transportation between our rafting base and the river
– Riverside refreshments (hot chocolate)
– Iceland's ultimate rafting experience!
- Family Rafting Day Trip on The West Glacial River , Hafgrímsstaðir, Varmahlíð, 561
The first thing you need to know about your rafting trip is that you are probably going to get wet, so don't be too surprised! The second thing is that there is nothing tropical about Iceland, and even though you are on summer vacation, your speedos will do you no good here. All of our rafting trips run on glacial rivers, which means that the water we paddle in is recently melted ice. As the environment and the elements we face are unpredictable (often cold and always wet) overexposure will not only leave you shivering and miserable, but it can easily become a serious safety concern if you manage to sneak in unprepared. It is your responsibility as participants (yes, you!) to arrive for your rafting trip with adequate warm clothing. What do we mean? Let us explain...
WHAT TO WEAR ON THE RIVER
– Thermal underwear / base layers
– Warm fleece top / wool sweater
– Fleece pants / extra long johns
– Thick wool socks / hiking socks (at least 1 pair)
Be prepared to get wet! All clothing worn on the river should be of a material that keeps its insulating ability when wet. We highly recommend fleece, wool, and synthetic materials. DO NOT WEAR COTTON, so NOT your jeans and favourite hoodie!
WHAT ELSE TO BRING
– Dry clothes for after the river
– Any necessary medications (asthma inhalers, etc.)
– Waterproof camera (optional)
– Thirst for adventure & sense of humour!