Golden Circle and Diving Silfra Tour
The Golden Circle is a “must do” experience in Iceland. We take you to the three most visited natural nature attractions in the southern part of Iceland, Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Geothermal Area and Þingvellir National Park.On the trip you experience some of the highlights in Iceland when we drive along glacial rivers and beautiful landscapes. Your trip to Iceland won’t be completed without a visit to those sites. The tour guides are local experts that know the area like the back of their hands and are storytellers at heart. Being a small group guarantee tour we can assure you that the tour guide has time for all the questions from each participant.This small group guarantee Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik combines fragile nature, saga, powerful geothermal wonders.
Silfra, a lava fissure filled with crystal clear glacial water, is counted among the top five dive sites in the world by many prominent dive publications. Silfra is best known for its 100 meter underwater visibility and for being the only place in the world where you can dive between two tectonic plates.
On this dive, you will be able to place one hand on the North American continental plate and the other on the Eurasian continental plate.
If you are a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or the equivalent and have proof of dry suit experience, this is a must-dive site!
The Golden Circle route takes place in the Þingvellir National Park (where Silfra is also located). We will visit Geysir, the impressive geothermal area, and Gullfoss, the golden waterfall.
The Diving Silfra & Golden Circle tour is a wonderful way to get to know Iceland's power and beauty both above and below the surface.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 17 years|
What is included
- Hotel pick up and return in central Reykjavík area
- guided tour of Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir geothermal area
- 1 guided dive in Silfra
- all necessary diving equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after diving in Silfra
- Silfra entrance fee of 1.500 ISK per person
- your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
- be minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.