Golden Circle and Snorkeling Silfra Tour
The Golden Circle is a “must do” experience in Iceland. We take you to the three most visited natural nature attractions in the southern part of Iceland, Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Geothermal Area and Þingvellir National Park.On the trip you experience some of the highlights in Iceland when we drive along glacial rivers and beautiful landscapes. Your trip to Iceland won’t be completed without a visit to those sites. The tour guides are local experts that know the area like the back of their hands and are storytellers at heart. Being a small group guarantee tour we can assure you that the tour guide has time for all the questions from each participant.
This small group guarantee Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik combines fragile nature, saga, powerful geothermal wonders. Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for over 100 meters visibility.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensations of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 12 years|
What is included
Guided Golden Circle tour
Guided snorkeling trip
- all necessary snorkeling equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- entrance fee of 1.500 ISK per person into Silfra
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- if you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
During the tour we break for refreshments at a restaurant or café. Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
- be minimum 12 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.