South Coast Waterfalls, Black Beach and Glacier Adventure | Small Group Day Tour
Your tour starts by driving along route 1 passing through small towns and enjoying the beauty of the Icelandic countryside. The first stop will be at the famous Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which is located beneath the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. Remember to ask your tour guide all about the colossal eruption back in 2010. Close by is the beautiful but less known waterfall Gljufrabui.
Next up is the stunning Skogafoss, a drop of 60 m (200ft) of natural raw power that must be seen to be believed. You will then have the additional pleasure of visiting the secret waterfalls of Gljufrabui and Írafoss with Solheimajokull glacier towering above on your route.
Then it is on to Reynisfjara, a black sand beach nestling under Mt. Reynisfjall - seasonal home to numerous puffins that dive from its cliffs out to sea. Black basalt has been shaped into amazing different formations, most notably the famous Reynisdrangar. Beware the might of the Atlantic Ocean which looms with its powerful waves.
After an amazing day exploring and enjoying the wonderful sights, you can enjoy the free WiFi on your way back to Reykjavik to share instantly your adventure, photos and memories with your friends back home.
If you want to enjoy the Icelandic nature to the fullest and to witness first hand the wonders of the South Coast, then you should book this tour now as availability is very limited.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 5 years|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Pick-up and drop-off within Reykjavik
- Round trip excursion in Minibus
- English-speaking Guide
- Free Wi-Fi on bus
- Warm, wind & waterproof clothes
- Good hiking shoes are recommended. If you do not have appropriate footwear then we offer these for rent.
- Pickup takes place between 08:30 - 09:00 - so please be ready from 8:30 at your pick up location.
- This tour takes up to 12 hours. Meals are not included but we will stop for a lunch break and also for a coffee in the afternoon.
Available: All year
Duration: 12 hours
Activities: Hiking, Sightseeing
Minimum age: 5 years old