Golden Circle and Farm Visit with Free Ice cream
Your adventure begins when your experienced guide picks you up in a comfortable minibus in the morning to explore the famous Golden Circle.
Geysir Geothermal Area
The Geysir geothermal area hosts hundreds of colorful hot springs and two geysers, erupting hot springs. One is called “Geysir” and name giving for all the geysers in the world. Today, however, it erupts very seldom. The other geyser is called “Strokkur” and erupts every 5 minutes up to 40 meters.
The melting water from Iceland's second biggest glacier, Langjökull, falls into a deep canyon forming the majestic “Golden Falls”. On a sunny day, you can see the glacier Langjökull in the distance and enjoy a rainbow in the mist of the waterfall, an Instagram blockbuster waiting to happen!
Traditional Dairy Farm and Free Ice Cream
We visit Efstidalur farm owned by the same family since 1850. This Icelandic family-run business sticks to traditional Icelandic farming culture and focuses on cows and cattle breeding. You will be able to enjoy their tasty farm-to-table dairy products, see the stunning mountain view and see the friendly animals. Tröll Expeditions will invite you to taste the ice cream yourself and meanwhile watch the animals relaxing in the stable.
Thingvellir National Park
We visit the place where the two tectonic plates, the North American and the Eurasian plate, are moving away from each other. Few places in the world offer a better and clearer view of this massive geographic activity. The biggest natural lake in Iceland is also located at Thingvellir National Park and hosts a great variety of fish and bird life. Thingvellir is also an important place for Icelandic national history. At Thingvellir Icelanders founded their parliament in 930 a.d. where the chieftains had their annual meeting every summer. The name “Thingvellir” translates to “Parliament Plains”. We avoid the big-bus crowds, which makes this tour so popular.
Make sure you book soon for the best Golden Circle tour following the famous path and including our local favorites!
Don’t over think it! Book this tour by selecting a date.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
✓ English speaking guide
✓ Small group (max 21 persons)
✓ Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board
✓ Icelandic ice cream
• Warm clothes (first layer)
• Waterproof clothing (second layer)
• Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
• Joy and happiness!
• We have to adjust timings to the short daylight and we always try to avoid big crowds.
• Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík. Pick up from Keflavík airport or outside of the greater capital area is not available.
• You will see the designated pick up locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking.
• You can bring some favorite snacks and beverages if you like.
• We recommend you bring hiking boots with slip-resistant soles if you are visiting in the winter. Hiking boots are available at the time of booking.